Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hmoshe
Regular Visitor

Scheduled refresh power BI report with sharepoint list and excel

Hi,

I have created report using multifuel data sources- Share point lists and excels from share folder.

Currently I need to manually refresh the report and publish it again so the data will get updated….

I want to add scheduled refresh but do not succeed to make it happen.

I entered "Mange"--> "Scheduled refrash" tab but i can't becouse there is notification:
"Stored credentials for this report are missing. Please go to the Data Sources page for this report and set your credentials for each data source to enable scheduled data refresh "
So i moved to "data sources" tab and tried to connect sources but i get error "log on failed": tried various combinations but not sure what credentials
 they request or which password.... 
How can i find the correct credentials?

Is it possible to schedule refrash for this kind of report?

hmoshe_4-1707801412864.png

hmoshe_2-1707800984628.png

hmoshe_3-1707801277025.png

Thanks,

Hila

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hmoshe ,

For local excel files, our credentials in the report server are generally authenticated with windows, using the local local hostname and password

For sharepoint type files, access tokens can be obtained via OAuth 2.0.

Below is the official link will help you:

Set Credential & Connection Information for Report Data Sources - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSR...

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hmoshe ,

For local excel files, our credentials in the report server are generally authenticated with windows, using the local local hostname and password

For sharepoint type files, access tokens can be obtained via OAuth 2.0.

Below is the official link will help you:

Set Credential & Connection Information for Report Data Sources - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSR...

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.