Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

manalla
Helper V
Helper V

SSAS Tabular RLS with Power BI Report Server, User security

Hi,

I am using SSAS Tabular model created and using in Power BI report server. We have new security requirement of users logging and what they get to see in report.

When i connect to SSAS Live, i see the power roles is disabled. So i implemented in SSAS so that report should filter for the user logged in.  Once I deploy the report the Report server, i dont see any user filteration happening, and also on server report manage section, row level security is disabled.

I did read this - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tutorial-row-level-security-onprem-ssas-tabular

But it talks only about Power BI service.

Can some one provide insight on how to acheive this on Report server, when we use SSAS Tabular Live connection in Power BI Report server?

Thanks

Manoj

2 REPLIES 2
MerelKentalis

I have the exact same issues. SSAS tabular model on premise, Power BI Report Server on premise, PowerBI Desktop (RS) for building the reports. I cannot find any artilce within the Microsoft docs on this. It is always with Power BI Sevice.

How can I make RLS work on the tabular (it is implemented) when saving reports on the Power BI Report server, 'publishing' them via de web browser?

Hopefully someone can help out! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing that threw us when testing Row Level Security (RLS) in SSAS was that we were Admins for the SSAS Server so the security got bypassed. So we saw everything all the time. Have you tried this with a regular user account on a machine hitting the PBI-SSRS Server?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.