Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yashsharma20

SAP Business Warehouse Message Server data source not supported on Power BI report server?

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue with connecting to an SAP Business Warehouse Message Server data source on Power BI report server, and I would appreciate some advice from the community on how to resolve it.

When I try to connect to the SAP Business Warehouse Message Server data source on Power BI report server, I receive an error message stating that the data source is not supported. However, I am able to connect to the same data source without any issues using the Power BI desktop application.

I have tried several troubleshooting steps, including ensuring that the necessary drivers are installed on the report server, but none of these steps have resolved the issue.

I suspect that this could be a compatibility issue between SAP Business Warehouse Message Server and Power BI report server. However, I am not sure how to confirm this or what steps I can take to resolve it.

Has anyone in the community encountered a similar issue, and if so, what steps did you take to resolve it? I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1
achanikya
Helper I
Helper I

@yashsharma20 Hello!

Connecting to an SAP Business Warehouse Message Server data source on Power BI report server can be challenging at times. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Ensure that the latest SAP Business Warehouse ODBC driver is installed on the Power BI report server. You can download the driver from the SAP website.

2. Check whether the Power BI report server is running the same version of the SAP Business Warehouse Message Server as the one used by the Power BI Desktop application. If not, you may need to upgrade or downgrade the Message Server version to match the Power BI report server.

3. Verify that the necessary ports are open in the network infrastructure to allow communication between the SAP Business Warehouse Message Server and the Power BI report server. You may need to work with your network administrator to confirm that the appropriate ports are open.

4. Try connecting to the SAP Business Warehouse Message Server data source using a different client tool or application, such as Excel or SQL Server Management Studio. If you encounter issues with other client tools, it could indicate a problem with the SAP Business Warehouse Message Server setup.

5. Check whether there are any known issues or limitations when connecting to SAP Business Warehouse Message Server from Power BI report server. You can review the documentation or support resources from both SAP and Microsoft to see if there are any specific configuration requirements or limitations.

If none of the above steps help to resolve the issue, you may want to reach out to your SAP or Microsoft support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional insights or solutions to help you connect to the SAP Business Warehouse Message Server data source on Power BI report server.

I hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors