Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BIAB
Resolver I
Resolver I

Report couldn't access the data source

Hello!  I'm getting an error when using Power BI Services with a live connection to SSAS.  Yesterday I granted NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users with Analaysis Server administrator and at that point I was able to use the report in Power BI Services with the live connection to SSAS.  But I don't thing that it is best practice to grant every user with administrator access to SSAS.  Not only that but I'm trying to implement row level security from SSAS and I believe that if the user has server administrator access then row level security wont have an impact.

I'm just wondering what I'm missing that by giving the user with administrator access to ssas the user can access the live data but when the user does not have administrator access they get the error "Report couldn't access the data source"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solved by deleting the database role and re-creating it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BIAB
Resolver I
Resolver I

By the way I did create a Role in the Model granting the user with read access to the data

And Yes, the account I'm using for the On Premise Gateway has administrator access to SSAS.  Connection is successfull from the gateway to the data source.

Solved by deleting the database role and re-creating it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.