Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jrussi1301
Frequent Visitor

Refresh error. Log shows .NET issues

We have a reports which refresh worked well on PBRS january 2020 version. After the may 2020 update, it stopped to refresh. The log error message says:

|Error Processing Data Model Refresh: SessionId: xx, Status: Error Failed to refresh the model, Exception Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException: Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'This feature requires installing a newer version of the .NET framework. To use it, you must install at least 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=528259. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

We run it on a Windows 2012 Server with .Net 4.8. The report refrehs flawless on the PB Desktop.

Any hint?

5 REPLIES 5
zzzeagle
Frequent Visitor

I am getting a simillar error on one of my reports.

• Report Server May 2020
  • Only one report is having the issue
  • The report previously refreshed without issue on RS May 2020
  • I made a change to the report and now get this error:
    • [0] -1055784932: This feature requires installing a newer version of the .NET framework. To use it, you must install at least 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=528259. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
  • The server has .NET 4.6 installed

I fixed my issue.

I was connecting to a Web data source that was supposed to be a TSV file. However, I forgot the parameter to make the file a TSV. So instead Power BI was converting the HTML page with the data I needed.  This refreshed fine in Power BI Desktop but not Server. I fixed my URL parameters to export to TSV and now the report refreshes without the .NET error.

How you did that ?

alexzarach
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue with Windows Server 2016, .NET 4.6, Report Server May 2020 release

Downgrade to january/2020 version solved to us. Beware, the database schema changed. It is not a easy process. Save the original .PBIXs if you need a complete re-install.

Seens to me that this bug is already solved in the new versions of the server, but we will wait until next version to try a new upgrade.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors