Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

REST API with API Key cannot connect or refresh from Report Server

I'm creating a new issue for this, because the old one got marked as Solved.  But it's not solved.  Multuple people have confirmed it's still not working.

This was the original issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Data-source-is-Web-REST-API-when-will-refresh-be-poss...

Can someone from Microsoft please address this ASAP?  It's, frankly, ridiculous that you can connect with an API Key from the Desktop but not from the Server.  Thanks!

@Jon-Heide - tagging you since you're the one that marked it Solved previously.  Also tagging @Anonymous since he recently commented on the old issue.

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Visitor

So its 2021, and I still can't deploy a report to PBIRS because I can't enter the api key? This is an enterprise solution corrent?? Is there a workaround at least to get this working?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's unbelieveable to me that this is still an issue...

My only workaround has been to run a separate Python script, on a daily schedule, to pull down the APIs results into a JSON formatted text file. Then I point Power BI at that and pull in the data.

Pretty ridiculous.

dominicdanis

This is a request since 2017. Do you plan to fix it or not?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone from Microsoft please respond to this????

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.