Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Python visual support

Can someone please help clarify whether Power BI Report Server now supports Python visual?

I have a report that needs to use Python visual, but I have not found any official documentation that talks about how to configure Report Server with Python or whether or not it is even supported.

I've heard that it was in preview 3 years ago, hope it's available now in 2022. 

See this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Report-Server-amp-Python/m-p/670375#M10066

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The latest documentation currently gives information that explicitly lists python visual objects as unsupported visual objects in the report server.

vhenrykmstf_0-1657878759713.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1657878880345.png

For more details, you can read related document:

Comparing Power BI Report Server and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The latest documentation currently gives information that explicitly lists python visual objects as unsupported visual objects in the report server.

vhenrykmstf_0-1657878759713.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1657878880345.png

For more details, you can read related document:

Comparing Power BI Report Server and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Sorry, but you have not found any documentation because it is still not supported.

@Anonymous wrote:

I've heard that it was in preview 3 years ago, hope it's available now in 2022. 

I'm not sure where you heard this, but that is incorrect. Maybe you were confusing it with support in the cloud service.

RachelGomez1619
Helper II
Helper II

To install Python support for Visual Studio (also known as Python Tools for Visual Studio or PTVS), follow the instructions in the section that matches your version of Visual Studio: - Visual Studio 2022 To quickly test Python support after following the installation steps, open the Python Interactive window by pressing Alt + I and entering 2+2.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors