Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

msafey
Frequent Visitor

PowerBi Report Server Schedule Refresh Error with MySQL

Hello All,

i have an issue in powerbi report server while setting up schedule refresh for multiple reports, I set the connection credentials for mysql database normally and try testing the connection and everything works fine but when the schedule refresh fires i receive the below error:

SessionID: 984a1806-ce1e-4d00-b802-f94f76b496f1
[0] -1055784932: MySQL: Retrieval of the RSA public key is not enabled for insecure connections.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[1] -1055129594: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.
[2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msafey ,

If you are a new MySQL user with Power BI, be sure to create a username within the database and execute a “GRANT PRIVILEGES” command for the username to give it read permissions.

During my investigation, I found that some users solved this problem using the following

“You should add client option to your mysql-connector allowPublicKeyRetrieval=true to allow the client to automatically request the public key from the server. Note that allowPublicKeyRetrieval=True could allow a malicious proxy to perform a MITM attack to get the plaintext password, so it is False by default and must be explicitly enabled.”

https://mysql-net.github.io/MySqlConnector/connection-options/ 

For more information,you can refer to this .

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello caitlyn,

how can i add allowPublicKeyRetrieval=true in PowerBi?

Hi @msafey ,

My bad, this seems to be used for other mysql connectors, please try referring to the link in SU's first reply and see if that method fixes your problem. I can't help any farther. I have not meet this problem before and cannot reproduce it,  looking forward to having another expert in RS to solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Not sure if this is same as yours, this is in investigating mode though

Power Bi mysql data refresh failing asking for RSA... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors