Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Navami
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Report Server issues.

Hi, When I try to access webservice url link(xxxxxxx/ReportServer) I am getting this error

"The permissions granted to user 'AzureAD\xxxxxx' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)"

and web portal url (xxxxxxx/Reports) gives this error 

"Could not load folder contents.  You are not allowed to view this folder. Contact your administrator to obtain the necessary permissions."

When I try to save my report in PowerBIDesktop, this error message is coming "Sorry, you don't have permission to save in this folder.Please choose a different folder and try again"

Any guidance is helpful

Thank you

Navami

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
STANHTPS
Frequent Visitor

Ask your PBI report server administrator, to give you browser permission over ROOT folder of HOME page on web server, than you can see all folders with reports.

If all access into folders and reports are managed by Active Directory groups, than the administrator must add your account into right AD group, with minimally BROWSER permissions, that is already set up in PBI report server to view the HOME page with folders and reports. 

Than, there is also permission inheritance. Could be ENABLED or DISABLED. Your Admin will know. 

BUt if you need to access only specific folder with reports, you can ask the owner of that folder, ussualy it is some developers, analytics etc.... to give you the permissions over the folder with reports, but we use AD groups, its better to manage the wide scopes of users, than to add user by user. 

HOPE IT HELPS

Best regards 

Stan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Navami
Regular Visitor

Hi, I have installed PowerBI report server in my local laptop and I am the administrator. I am not testing it in a production environment. I have some difficulty in finding the ROOT folder of HOME page, to check the browser permission(as you mentioned earlier in the solution).Could you please help in that?

Thanks

Navami

STANHTPS
Frequent Visitor

Ask your PBI report server administrator, to give you browser permission over ROOT folder of HOME page on web server, than you can see all folders with reports.

If all access into folders and reports are managed by Active Directory groups, than the administrator must add your account into right AD group, with minimally BROWSER permissions, that is already set up in PBI report server to view the HOME page with folders and reports. 

Than, there is also permission inheritance. Could be ENABLED or DISABLED. Your Admin will know. 

BUt if you need to access only specific folder with reports, you can ask the owner of that folder, ussualy it is some developers, analytics etc.... to give you the permissions over the folder with reports, but we use AD groups, its better to manage the wide scopes of users, than to add user by user. 

HOPE IT HELPS

Best regards 

Stan

STANHTPS
Frequent Visitor

You might missing reader permissions for report server db?

Hi, Thank you for the message. Could you please explain it? How should I check that? 

Navami

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.