Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dmul

PowerBI Desktop (January 2019) - Version Mismatch with PowerBI Report Server

Hi, I am running PowerBI Version 1.4.7024.16477 (January 2019) on server side but unfortunately misplaced the binary for Desktop install - I have downloaded desktop version from the download option on top right of the PowerBI portal but this links to January 2020 version of the Power BI desktop. I can't deploy reports from desktop to server due to the mismatch. I have searched we for a Jan 2019 version of the desktop client but any links I click bring me to the 2020 client version. Its like the 2020 download URL replaced the 2019 one. Is the 2019 version available anywhere before I go down the route of upgrading server version ?

4 REPLIES 4
Rinku21
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @dmul ,

I am facing the same issue. Did you find January 2019 release anywhere to download?

- Rinku

Hye,

I'm in the same situation.

Is the January 2019 version still avaible ?

Thanks

Hi @Sébastien_S ,

this version is no longer supported. (https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/power-bi/report-server/support-timeline)If not somebody have the version on the laptop it could be diffecult to get this one.

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

No longer supported, but still used and deployed in my society 😀
We have an upgrade plan for the nexts months however.
For now, my local admnistrator was able to provide me the "good" installation file.

Many thanks !

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors