Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rizwansajwani
Regular Visitor

Power BI cloud datasets refresh setup & run has an error

Hi team,

I have published one report to Power BI cloud services and setup the refresh functionality. all data source credentials defined successfully, however at the time of auto refresh I got following refresh failure message and after review of this I understood this because of one file extension is "XLS" is causing this refresh functionality failure. The file with this "XLS" extension can not be converted to any other readable format because this file is being generated on daily basis by default from another application and available on network path.

Now, I am looking for solution which allows this "XLS" extension file to be refresh in cloud service without any failure error. The error message is as follow for your reference.

\\Error Message Start

Refresh failed:

Retail Sales Report has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

<ccon>DataSource.NotFound: <ccon>Excel Workbook</ccon>: <ccon>The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.</ccon>. </ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: DAILYFILE.

\\Error Message End

Thank you.

Regards

Riz

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.