Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

azizalfarhan
Regular Visitor

On-Prem Report server User access + on-prem Sharepoint embed

Hello,

I have been working on a powerbi report that i finished and uploaded to a report server. i would like to ask about letting other users in my orgnization view the report. i have added my friend ( user ) into the site settings of the report server + i added him to the folder + the report itself ( i added him into manage > secuirty folder level + report ). 

when i tried to open the report server in his PC its shows no folder and says contact your administrator . im not sure where i did wrong. added him to site settings + folder + report.

in my orgnization we are using powerbi - premium

1) do i need to add his user to AAD powerbi to view (on-prem powerbi report server  reports ) 

2) if i embed my on-prem report into an on-prem Sharepoint using Iframe does the secuirty permission on reportserver work or do i have to use SQL permission?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm not sure in this case, but please check permission setting on root (Home), not only on project.

Click on "Manage Folder" on top right menu of whole portal (not right-click or context menu on project)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

adding user to site setting is not necessary. But double check if you are add this user to root folder permission.

Is good practice set Browse permission on root folder to Everyone, and restrict access on second level of folders (root folders) or next level folders.

Hello josef , 

thank you so much i dident know there was a home folder with permission. After adding users to the permission it worked!

❤️ thank you so much

hey josef thank you for the response. we dont have folders yet on our powerbi report server we are just uploading our projects without structure. he right clicked on the project > manage > secuirty > added my user with full privilege

I'm not sure in this case, but please check permission setting on root (Home), not only on project.

Click on "Manage Folder" on top right menu of whole portal (not right-click or context menu on project)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.