Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Steffe
Helper I
Helper I

Oct 2020 update 2 - Direct Query SQL problem remains

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that the issue described in the thread below is still present after upgrading our report server to the latest build (Version: 1.9.7675.15620 (Build 15.0.1104.300), Released: January 8, 2021). I´m also using the latest version of the Desktop for PBIRS (2.86.1321.0 64-bit (oktober 2020)).

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Oct-2020-Direct-Query-SQL-problem/m-p/1556995#M17220

The problem is only present when "Store datasets using enhanced metadata format" is used.

The error messages from the log-files stated in the thread above differs somewhat. We now get this message in the ASManagedRoot log file:

|ERROR|9|GetV3ConnectionString - Exception occured while retrieving credentials for data model connection string.System.Exception: No credentials were found for the datasource
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot.PBIRSConnectionDetailsProvider.GetV3ConnectionString(Guid rootActivityId, String userPrincipalName, String engineConnectionString, String[] datasourceIds, String contextualIdentity, Boolean isDirectQueryExecution, PBIDedicatedProviderType& providerType, String& connectionString)

5 REPLIES 5
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Steffe ,

I have tested with the latest version. But I can't reproduce the issue you encountered.

Is this problem a common problem? Does anyone else meet?

Best Regards,

Icey

Hi @Icey 

Thanks for looking into this.

It is strange that it works for you.

How do your environment look like? What type (onprem/azure) and version of SQL are you connecting against?

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Steffe ,

My SQL is SQL Server 2017 Developer and my Windows version is 10.0.19041 Build 19041.

In addition, I have confirmed internally that this bug is being fixed by the product team. This is a known issue that has been submitted internally (ICM#: 21688995). Please be patient and I will let you know if there is an update.😊

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Thanks @Icey 

Then we wait for a fix 🙂

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Steffe ,

The January 2021 release of PBIRS is now available to download. The current PBIRS version is: 1.10.7698.12811 (Build 15.0.1105.194), Released: January 21, 2021. It fixed some bugs:

Bug fixes

• Fixed issue with scheduled refresh of Power BI reports with certain models using enhanced model metadata.
  • Fixed issue editing data driven subscriptions in portal.

Please check if it works for your scenario.

Reference: Change log for Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.