Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

imenmaiza
Helper II
Helper II

OData Credentials- Couldn't connect msg

Hello,

Could you please help me with the below Issue,

When I connect to the OData feed from Power BI Desktop, I can connect, import data, and create reports.
 OData URIs Example:

https://localhost:7048/BC230/ODataV4/Company('CRONUS International Ltd.')/Customer?$filter=City eq 'Miami'  

1- If I don't specify the /Customer?$filter=City eq 'Miami' (bring only Customer and apply a filter or select only needed columns in the OdataFeed using $filter and $select) I don't get any refresh problems when publishing the report in Power BI Report Server, Data Source credentials connect successfully and I can create a scheduled refresh.

2- I only get the below problem after adding /Customer?$filter=City eq 'Miami' 
When I publish the report to our internally hosted Power BI Report Server,I get a red x Couldn't Connect with the following message

imenmaiza_0-1709218626486.png

Here I am Using the same credentials, as in 1-

However, I can create a scheduled refresh and the report does refresh successfully(Status=Completed Data Refresh).

Note:
I am connected to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central

What do you think the problem is? a Bug in Power BI Report Server or a setting in BC?

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you replacing "localhost"  with something that is meaningful to the Report Server?

Hello Ibendlin,
Yes, sure. The problem is that in the Report Server the URL stops until the table name (Customer in my example). It's like it crashes when I add the ?. It doesn't show the whole UrL like in Desktop.

https://localhost:7048/BC230/ODataV4/Company('CRONUS International Ltd.')/Customer?$filter=City eq 'Miami'  

Note: the Url works just fine when I test it in Chrome too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors