Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vivienIBBL
Frequent Visitor

Dashboard in Direct Query on SSAS Tabular : Conceptual Schema step very slow

Hello everyone,

We have Power BI Report Sevrer, with direct query dashboards on SSAS Tabular.

When we click on a dashboard, it takes about 30 seconds to display because of a step called "ConceptualSchema". (see screenshot).

Capture.png

I understand that it loads the SSAS model metadata, but 30 seconds each time it opens is unacceptable.

Do you have this problem? Did you solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Have a nice day,

Vivien

5 REPLIES 5
vivien57
Helper II
Helper II

It seems to be the same cause as this:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Report-Server-portal-loading-extremely-slow/m-p/19329...

Indeed, if I do a direct query dashboard on SQL Server with database authentication, the "ConceptualSchema" step takes less than a second. If I switch to Windows authentication then it takes a long time.

@vivien57 wrote:

If I switch to Windows authentication then it takes a long time.

So that could point to an issue with Active Directory in your environment. I think raising a support ticket with Microsoft is your best course of action. And the "ConceptualSchema" call is an internal API I'm not aware of any documentation on it that could help address performance issues, but the support engineers would have access to the source code to help them toubleshoot this.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

I double checked on our production server, we do most of our core reports over SSAS and the conceptualschema call only took between 0.7 to 1.5 seconds on the reports I tested. You might need to raise a support ticket with Microsoft as this is appears to be an issue with the internals of PBIRS.

When I do the test with the same data source (SSAS Tabular) but with a PBIRS installed on my computer, I also have times lower than 1 second...

Do you have any idea where it can come from ?

Hello, despite being it an old question, did you ever resolved this, without direct SQL auth?

Thanks!

Ronald

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.