Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sshaarma1

Not able to assign item permissions to user from BI reporting services

Hi,

I am new to Power BI Report server and I installed the Power BI Report Server 2017 evaluation edition. While assigning any item roles like Catalog Manager, Browser etc I am receiving an internal error. In the logfile the following error is present:

ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: Wrong number of tasks found for roleBrowser, Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details.

Please help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Sarika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue was fixed by un-installing and re-installing sql server and power BI on the machine. I did some mistake last time while configuring a database for the report server.

Thanks

Sarika

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Hi Sarika - is this a new or upgraded catalog (that was migrated from an earlier version of SSRS or PowerBI Preview)?

Hi Jon,

I am trying to assign view folder permission on the home folder and sub folders of local admin user to a standard user to avoid the error I am receiving while accessing report service as the standard user. When I login as a non admin user I am receiving this error "You are not allowed to view this folder. Contact your administrator to obtain the necessary permissions."

Thanks

Sarika

The issue was fixed by un-installing and re-installing sql server and power BI on the machine. I did some mistake last time while configuring a database for the report server.

Thanks

Sarika

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.