Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple value parameters in URL paramters

Hello

I am trying to trigger paginated report by passing paramters from Power BI. My question is how I can pass multiple values of the same parameter and multiple such parameters from URL to paginted report. There are a few threads in the forum that are similar. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Paginated-Report-Using-URL-Parameters-and-Select-ALL/m-p/88.... However, I have not found the solution. I have used the following measures. This is the base URL measure: 

Base URL =
var pid = [Selected Prid]
RETURN
CONCATENATE(baseURL, pid)
This is the measure to select the parameter values
Selected Prid = CALCULATE( (
        CONCATENATEX(
            MASTER_REFERENCES,
            MASTER_REFERENCES[Program ID],
            ","
        )
    )
)
This is the measure to download the report in a format
Word =
VAR baseURL =  [Base URL]
RETURN
CONCATENATE(baseURL, "&rdl:format=pdf")

The problem is it only generates the report when I select only 1 value from the slicer. The program ID in the service is not triggered when I select multiple values from the slicer. pic.png

pic2.png

1) I want to select multiple program IDs in the slicer and generate report for it and I also have other slicers as well where the user would generally select from one of the slicers.

2) Is it possible to download the report without the end-user-viewing of the service page? Thank you.Any help is much appreciated and valuable.

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

If this is for a report hosted on the service you should be able to do this using the "in" operator

see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters#filter-on-more-than-one-value-in-a-fie...

dar100111
Frequent Visitor

In the past, I have just generated a hyplerlink with the formatted values in a table already from the rows of data.  That may not be the best way to try what you are doing, but it should be easy to create a calculated field for this.  Hoping to also find other good examples of this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors