Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spathak04
Helper II
Helper II

Most of the third party visuals are not working in Report server May 2020

Hello,

I have a current version of power BI January 2020 and I am upgrading to May 2020, but I lots of the visuals like Chord, Hirarichal slicer, text box by MAQ etc are not working in new version of power BI rpeort server May 2020. 

Is this a bug or new policy/restriction by Microsoft power bi team?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Microsoft just released a hotfix for the 3rd party visuals bug if you re-download the desktop installer from https://aka.ms/pbireportserver you should find this new release now works correctly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Are they not working on the server or in the new Power BI Desktop for Report Server?

I've tested a number of 3rd party visuals on our dev server and they worked fine. And I just downloaded and tested the chord visual at it worked fine on both my May 2020 Desktop and Server.

But the new version of desktop has a bug where it continually asks you to sign in when you have 3rd party visuals on your report and if you don't sign in the visuals don't render. In addition to this bug there is another one where uploading changes to a data model does not work, so I'm holding off on updating our test and prod servers until a hotfix for the May 2020 version is released. (which is likely to take a few weeks)

Microsoft just released a hotfix for the 3rd party visuals bug if you re-download the desktop installer from https://aka.ms/pbireportserver you should find this new release now works correctly.

Hi @d_gosbell ,

I landed to your post while searching for a similar issue.

I don't have a Report Server, but since this week the visuals using R Script are showing "Script Runtime Error" in Power BI Service Runtime.

Is this same as this topic, or could you point me in right direction.

Appreciate your help in advance.

@d_gosbell  Thank you so much. I will test it out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.