Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cnschulz
Helper IV
Helper IV

Managerial Hierarchy

Gday, 

I have a data set with two colums: EmployeeName and ManagerName. This is a recursive structure and *almost* fits the Heirarchy Chart visualisation constraints. The problems I have are:

- The *absolute* top record (the CEO) does not exist so there will be no records that have a NULL in the ManagerName field

- We want to be able to slice this data at any level to look at department/divison/team structures. Again, the top level manager will not have a NULL in the manager field. The manager of this department is managed by someone but they are not in our selection criteria.

I dont really need a visual flowchart as such, an indented (collapsible?) text based list would suffice. 

Does anyone have any experience in this area? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cnschulz
Helper IV
Helper IV

Finally got around this one. HeirarchySlicer was the answer. It allows you to hide empty nodes, whereas using a "non-blank" filter caused missing records in other slicers.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cnschulz
Helper IV
Helper IV

Finally got around this one. HeirarchySlicer was the answer. It allows you to hide empty nodes, whereas using a "non-blank" filter caused missing records in other slicers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.