Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sonashish
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to use onPremise report in SharePoint online

Hello, we are going to migrate one of onpremise site to SharePoint Online. On Premise MIgrated sites willbe read only mode after migration,, that mean user can not add/update record. 

Currently we have some report on onpremise Power BI report in on PowerBI On Premise report server.  Now we want to use same report in SharePoint online? Is there any way that we can use same report in SharePoint Online? IN near future we are going to create more report in POwer BI in Cloud.

We also want to use same report in mobile, I believe for that we need to create report from scratch to make it compatible in mobile, plese correct If I am wrong?  

Can someone please guide me on this or let me know any article/blog where I can go through and understand the process?

Regards

AK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Sonashish ,

Try to download the pbix file and open it with the power bi desktop for service. You can follow the steps in https://windowsreport.com/change-data-source-power-bi/ to change data source from sharepoint on-premise to sharepoint online the publish it to the service and configure refresh in settings of  datasets.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sonashish ,

Are you trying to embed report in report server to sharepoint online? 

Try to download the report to your pc and open it by power bi desktop for service and publish it to the power bi service then you can follow the steps in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-report-spo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hello

I created report of SharePoint List using on-premise power servers and also scheduled report for refresh everyday. it is working fine.

Now we are migrating our existing OinPremise SharePoint site to SharePoint Online. We also want that PowerBI report we created for On-Premise report can be use by changing the source site (from SharePoint On Premised to SharePoint Online)). Now I want to do following activities in PowerBI Cloud

1. Upload the pbix file in cloud

2. Change the datasource of Pbix report from onpremise SharePOint Url to SharePoint Online url

3. Setting up permission for some specific set of users and groups

4. Schedule a report for refresh

Same activities I already have in On Premise PowerBI .

Is there any article or blog available, where I can follow the same steps?

Regards

AK

Hi @Sonashish ,

Try to download the pbix file and open it with the power bi desktop for service. You can follow the steps in https://windowsreport.com/change-data-source-power-bi/ to change data source from sharepoint on-premise to sharepoint online the publish it to the service and configure refresh in settings of  datasets.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.