Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use Azure Devops data source in PowerBI Report Server

Hi Folks,
I have successfully saved the PowerBI Report to PowerBI Report Server.
In that PowerBI report, I can't able to get the Option Data Source (it was greyed/disabled) in Manage (it was greyed/disabled).

I am using Azure DevOps (Boards only) as a Data Source, but in Microsoft PowerBI documentation they said it was not a supported data source.
Reference:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/data-sources

Here I want to get the report Data live in PowerBI Report Server.
Can anyone have any workaround for it?
Please Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Your options are to either host your report on powerbi.com instead of Power BI Report Server, but the limitation there is that only other users with pro licenses will be able to view the report, unless you have licensed PBIRS through having a premium subscription in which case you could host this report on a premium capacity and share it from there.

Or you could use a script or SSIS package or something like that to pull the data from devops to one of the supported PBIRS data sources (like a SQL Server) and then you could link your report to that supported data source instead. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Your options are to either host your report on powerbi.com instead of Power BI Report Server, but the limitation there is that only other users with pro licenses will be able to view the report, unless you have licensed PBIRS through having a premium subscription in which case you could host this report on a premium capacity and share it from there.

Or you could use a script or SSIS package or something like that to pull the data from devops to one of the supported PBIRS data sources (like a SQL Server) and then you could link your report to that supported data source instead. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d_gosbell,
Thanks for the response, now I have connected DevOps with excel and using that excel in PowerBI Report.
Now it's working fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.