Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Katebrk
Helper I
Helper I

Error when creating/editing a scheduled refresh or check data source connection

Hello! 

We have 2 servers where Report Server is located: 

• On server 1 everything works fine.
  • On server 2 the following errors occurs when users 1) try to create or edit scheduled refresh plan or 2) check data source connection: 

ex111.png

We had the similar problem earlier, and it was resolved by several ways:

1) We changed the name in Report Server Configuration Manager (virtual service account and domain account). Did that now and it didn't help

2) Changed config files. On broken server, we removed the authentication type <RSWindowsKerberos/> in the rsreportserver.config file:

<AuthenticationTypes>.
<RSWindowsNTLM/>.
<RSWindowsKerberos/>.
</AuthenticationTypes>.

Saved the config, waited half a minute and then created a new plan. It worked last time and then it was possible to create scheduled refresh, etc. 

Now we have tried both of the options, but nothing has changed. 

Could anybody please tell where the problem lies or where ot start looking? 

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

This problem seems more related to the ReportServer database. If you have some reports that exist in DB. you can take a backup of it and back of the Encryption key from the Configuration Manager.

Then you need to restore this database with New Name, and then change the database of the Report Server using the Report Server Configuration manager and restore the encryption keys to sync the values.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.