Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date format changing from desktop to online publishing.

Hello everyone,

I have a date column in dd/mm/yyyy created in power query. (cells examples : 01/09/2022 and 24/03/2019)

Once I publish the report some dates become mm/dd/yyyy and some don't. (examples become 09/01/2022 and 24/03/2019 like if the 24 cannot be seen as a month so it remains as in desktop). I don't want any switch between dd and mm.

Thank you for your help !

PS : the region I chose is France

4 REPLIES 4
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In Power BI, the date is displayed in relation to the region you select, whether it's in Desktop or Service. As you said, if the region you selected in France, you'll need to adjust both the date type in Power BI Desktop and the language of the browser used by Power BI Service to French.

In the Desktop, you can change the date type here: choose 'transform data', right-click the data column of the type you want to change, choose 'Using Locale'.

vjunyantmsft_0-1698653546299.png

And when you use Power BI Service, you need to change the language of the browser used in 'setting':

vjunyantmsft_1-1698653601113.pngvjunyantmsft_2-1698653607527.png

Best Regards,

Dino Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I did exactly what you explained : date type using "locale" in Query, Desktop and browser languages as french. Nothing changed. Maybe one clue for you : if I publish the report in my own workspace it is all good. The problem occurs when it's on a shared workspace of the company.
Thank you for your time...

Best regards,

Matteo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for your response. But is there another way to do it out of power Query ? In facts I have differents data types in this same column. Otherwise I tried as a test on a sample column and it did work, congrats !

Regards,

Matteo

Hi @Anonymous ,

Because you have different data types in your columns, I can't help you modify the date format by Power Query. Can you provide some sample data that tells me what data types are included in the column? I can give it a try for you and see if I can figure out another solution.

Best Regards,

Dino Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.