Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jbarta_mlchc
Helper II
Helper II

Date Slicer after January 2023 Update

The January 2023 update was going to fix some issues with the date slicer that appeared after the September 2022 update. Those appear to be fixed if you are creating a new report and adding the date slicer. This is what the date slicer looks like when adding to a new report:

jbarta_mlchc_0-1678813025699.png

You can see the Calendar icon is available when previously that was gone. Additionally, when I click into the first date field you can see it put the cursor to the end of the date. I can then delete the date and manually type a new date. Previously when you clicked in the first date field it would highlight the whole date and allow you to type. So that is still missing.

But on previously created reports the date slicer is still having issues:

jbarta_mlchc_5-1678814119342.png

You can see that the calendar icons are missing and when I click into the first date field, it opens the calendar instead of putting the cursor into the date field. To put the cursor in you have to right click. 

How do I get the date slicer from the January 2023 update in reports created from a previous version? 

Any help would be appreciated.

@Petebro 

@v-alipat 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jbarta_mlchc
Helper II
Helper II

Found a solution to upgrade the date slicers on this post:

Solved: Re: How to Upgrade Date Slicers to the Most Recent... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thanks @v-yueyunzh-msft for your solution #1 in this post! Clicking the default view updated the date slicer! It also updated everything on the report, but that is an easier clean-up versus creating a brand-new report! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jbarta_mlchc
Helper II
Helper II

Found a solution to upgrade the date slicers on this post:

Solved: Re: How to Upgrade Date Slicers to the Most Recent... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thanks @v-yueyunzh-msft for your solution #1 in this post! Clicking the default view updated the date slicer! It also updated everything on the report, but that is an easier clean-up versus creating a brand-new report! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.