Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reynold522
Helper II
Helper II

Couldn't load the data for this visual

Hi 

I get data from snowflake and made dashboard.

I published in power BI. I was fine in Power BI workspace for several month.

Now I added one excel table used as filter key. the excel is on my laptop. 

After publishing the report to Power Bi. I got following error message.

Data source unreachable

There is no gateway to access the data source File . Verify the gateway connection configuration on the dataset settings page and make sure all required data sources are added to the selected data gateway.

if I delete uploaded excel table in power BI, there is no error message in Power BI workspace anymore. 

the report is working on my Power BI desktop with or without excel file.

the report is working on Power BI workspace only without excel file.

I need this excel file as filter, What change should be made to make report work in Power BI workspace?

Thanks in advance 

Renhao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @reynold522 ,

Depending on the error you are reporting, you will need to configure the gateway.

The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge. It provides quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data, which is data that isn't in the cloud, and several Microsoft cloud services. These services include Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Azure Analysis Services, and Azure Logic Apps.

By using a gateway, organizations can keep databases and other data sources on their on-premises networks while securely using that on-premises data in cloud services.

vluwangmsft_0-1669950937037.png

About how to configure gateway ,you could refer the below article:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-data-sources 

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @reynold522 ,

Depending on the error you are reporting, you will need to configure the gateway.

The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge. It provides quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data, which is data that isn't in the cloud, and several Microsoft cloud services. These services include Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Azure Analysis Services, and Azure Logic Apps.

By using a gateway, organizations can keep databases and other data sources on their on-premises networks while securely using that on-premises data in cloud services.

vluwangmsft_0-1669950937037.png

About how to configure gateway ,you could refer the below article:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-data-sources 

Best Regards

Lucien

Thank you!

Smalfly
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

if you do not plan to update the data regularly, you could try to enter the data in Power BI directly.

So without a connection to your local Excel file.

Thank you for the solution

You're welcome 🙂

Can you please mark the answer as being a solution to the problem? That will help other users in finding the answer in case they have a similar problem. Thank you in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.