Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ninos-shiba
Resolver I
Resolver I

Cannot Export Data to Excel on a table visual published on a report on Power BI online server

I am trying to find the menu that pops up when you hover over a visual that lets you click on the 3 ellipses to then Export data. It is popping up on every visual except for my table visuals on a report I have published on the Power BI online server in one of my team's workspaces. It is strange because I have a different report published in this workspace where it allows me to export the data of a table visual, but this report doesn't even show me those 3 ellipses. I've checked my report settings and even tested with a user who has build permission and we still cannot see the 3 ellipses to export the data from a table visual. 

5 REPLIES 5
AntoBalquiM
Regular Visitor

Hello! I was having same problem as you : Many of my visual i was able to export to excel, and i found the three dots, but no for a particular table. I followed this steps:

I added a title on it.

I also have the option " Icon for heaver" or visual header "off" so i turned it "on" ---> This is importar to show the three dots. 

I hope it helps, and you solve it too soon!

AntoBalquiM_0-1664290334378.png

Thank you so much, I was having the same problem 😃

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ninos-shiba , There is an option to show title in visualization options. If that has been switched off and published then you will not see an option in power bi service for download or three dots. But in Desktop you will see. Just get that checked

Sorry, where exactly are those options?

That didn't work @amitchandak 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.