Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Vanchy_Liao
Advocate II
Advocate II

Available query string when embedding Power BI to iframe

I currently working on power bi report server and embed the url into iframe.

According to the official document, it is a super set of report server. 

I have tried the some example from this document, but not every parameter in query string worked.

Only works in two ways:

1. embed pbi ===>  rs:embed=true
  2. filter dimension  ===>  filter=Dim_Employee/Id eq 'XXXX'

Is there any document listing all the available parameters on PBIRS?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Vanchy_Liao 

To embed your report in an iframe, you can add the following query string parameter to your report URL: rs:embed=true. For example: https://myserver/reports/powerbi/Sales?rs:embed=true.

Embed a Power BI Report Server report using an iFrame in SharePoint Server - Power BI | Microsoft Le...

You can filter the report for one or more values, even if those values contain spaces or special characters. The basic syntax is: URL?filter=Table/Field eq 'value'3. For example, to filter the report to show data only for stores in “NC”, you could append this string to the URL: ?filter=Store/Territory eq 'NC'.

How to embed a Power BI Report Server report into an ASP.Net web application (sqlshack.com)

You can pass report parameters to a report by including them in a report URL. The syntax to set a report parameter within a URL is: rp:parameter=value. For example, to specify two parameters, “Salesperson” and “State”, you’d use the following URL: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/rdlreports/xxxxxxx-abc7-40f0-b456-febzf9cdda4d?rp:Salesperson=Tie+Bear&rp:State=Utah .

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Passing a null value for a parameter: To pass a null value for a parameter, use the following syntax: . parameter:isnull=trueFor example, rp:SalesOrderNumber:isnull=true.

Pass a report parameter within a URL for a Power BI paginated report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yohua-msft , thank you for replying me.

I have implemented your suggestions to my contexts.
What I want to achieve is:

1. to use "rs:ParameterLanguage=en-us", but it dose not work.
  2. to hide the page bar at the bottom of page.

The pbi will detect client browser language setting and translate  the label automaitcally. My users did not want it.

I have read related mircrosoft documents, but i am still confused which parameter can be appended to url, especially for pbi RS.

Is there any document that lists all the available parameters for pbi RS when embed to iframe?

Helpful resources

Announcements
OCT PBI Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - October 2024

Check out the October 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Sept NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - September 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors