Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tsql_simon
Advocate I
Advocate I

Automatic Refresh on Premise Power BI report Server

Hi,

I have a report in Power Bi Desktop for Power Bi Report Server and the visual works perfectly with the Auto page Refresh however when I publish (save) to the Server (on Premise) the refresh does not work. Is this by design or am I doing something wrong.

Currently on the Jan 2022 release

tsql_simon_0-1643129055825.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Automatic page refresh is listed here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/compare-report-server-service as not being supported on Report Server. And if you are using the version of desktop that is optimized for Report Server you should need even see this as a configuration option. Are you using the version of desktop that aligns with the version of server that you are using? If not you should switch to using that version for any reports you want to upload to Power BI Report Server as you can run into serious issues if you try and upload reports authored in the "cloud" version of Power BI to an on-prem report server

View solution in original post

josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member
3 REPLIES 3
tsql_simon
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for the update, I can 100% confirm I am using the correct version of the Desktop client hence my question as it is contradictory to the documentation.

josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Automatic page refresh is listed here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/compare-report-server-service as not being supported on Report Server. And if you are using the version of desktop that is optimized for Report Server you should need even see this as a configuration option. Are you using the version of desktop that aligns with the version of server that you are using? If not you should switch to using that version for any reports you want to upload to Power BI Report Server as you can run into serious issues if you try and upload reports authored in the "cloud" version of Power BI to an on-prem report server

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.