Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raivo_S
Frequent Visitor

All measures not showing up in Power BI Report Builder

I am creating Paginated Report based on PBI Dataset. I selected Dataset as Data Source, but while creating Dataset using Query Designer I get notification under "Measures" category: More Measures exist than can be shown.

message.PNG

And many measures needed for my report are not in my measure folder. How do I access full list of measures? 

I tried adding them manually in querry Expression, but as soon as I add measures that don't show up in querry designer, I get this error:

Raivo_S_1-1683694706190.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You should be able to add your measures manually. That error most likely means you've made a syntax error in your query.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You should be able to add your measures manually. That error most likely means you've made a syntax error in your query.

I don't think it was syntax error, because I could not add even one column, and I copied syntax from existing columns. But I may have edited querry in the wrong form, as I'm not used to editing it manually.

The way I dealt with this issue was by creating new dataset in Power BI, based on data of existing Dataset. There I creaded new measure table with dublicates of all the measures needed for my Paginated report.

Then I used this dataset as source for my Paginated report.

This probably was not the best solution, but it was the fastest way I could deal with this.

@Raivo_S wrote:

I don't think it was syntax error, because I could not add even one column, and I copied syntax from existing columns.

If you were using the SummarizeColumns() function measures use a different syntax to columns so it is most likely your issue was related to a syntax error, but without seeing the text for your query it's impossible to know for sure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.