Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Raivo_S
Frequent Visitor

All measures not showing up in Power BI Report Builder

I am creating Paginated Report based on PBI Dataset. I selected Dataset as Data Source, but while creating Dataset using Query Designer I get notification under "Measures" category: More Measures exist than can be shown.

message.PNG

And many measures needed for my report are not in my measure folder. How do I access full list of measures? 

I tried adding them manually in querry Expression, but as soon as I add measures that don't show up in querry designer, I get this error:

Raivo_S_1-1683694706190.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You should be able to add your measures manually. That error most likely means you've made a syntax error in your query.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You should be able to add your measures manually. That error most likely means you've made a syntax error in your query.

I don't think it was syntax error, because I could not add even one column, and I copied syntax from existing columns. But I may have edited querry in the wrong form, as I'm not used to editing it manually.

The way I dealt with this issue was by creating new dataset in Power BI, based on data of existing Dataset. There I creaded new measure table with dublicates of all the measures needed for my Paginated report.

Then I used this dataset as source for my Paginated report.

This probably was not the best solution, but it was the fastest way I could deal with this.

@Raivo_S wrote:

I don't think it was syntax error, because I could not add even one column, and I copied syntax from existing columns.

If you were using the SummarizeColumns() function measures use a different syntax to columns so it is most likely your issue was related to a syntax error, but without seeing the text for your query it's impossible to know for sure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.