Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

DennesTorres
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sending Messages to Teams

Hi,

I built an alert to send a message to teams, but the message never arrives on teams.

The alert is being triggered, but the message never arrives. How to debug this ?

DennesTorres_0-1720699723273.png

Kind Regards,

Dennes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DennesTorres ,

You can follow the steps below for troubleshooting:
First, let's make sure your Trigger has been created correctly by clicking on "Send me a test alert". When you click "Send me a test alert", the alert will always be sent to you, regardless of who the recipient is on our action card. Please check if you can receive the alert message.

vjunyantmsft_0-1720747070234.png

If it says you can receive alerts, then there is nothing wrong with your Trigger creation. Then it is possible that there is a problem with the recipients you have entered. 
Currently, we require that all recipients on your trigger have the same email domain as your Fabric user. For example, if you are logged into Fabric as xyz@contoso.com. all recipients must have the @contoso.com address. You can refer to this document:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/data-activator/data-activator-limitations#allowed-recipient... 

Also according to your screenshot, you don't seem to have sent it to just one person, I'm not sure if you sent it to a Group or a Channel, but at present, Data Activator does not support sending messages to Teams channels. you can only You can only use it to message individual people.

If the above doesn't help you with your problem, here's a reply from a thread I also found that might help:

vjunyantmsft_1-1720748071261.png

Data Activator now supports Microsoft Teams for al... - Microsoft Fabric Community [1883-2717-827-d9...

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Dennes - thanks for posting this one. Looks like we have a gap - either support sending Teams messages to teams, or do a better job explaining that it's not supported. I'll let the feature owners know. Thank you!

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DennesTorres ,

You can follow the steps below for troubleshooting:
First, let's make sure your Trigger has been created correctly by clicking on "Send me a test alert". When you click "Send me a test alert", the alert will always be sent to you, regardless of who the recipient is on our action card. Please check if you can receive the alert message.

vjunyantmsft_0-1720747070234.png

If it says you can receive alerts, then there is nothing wrong with your Trigger creation. Then it is possible that there is a problem with the recipients you have entered. 
Currently, we require that all recipients on your trigger have the same email domain as your Fabric user. For example, if you are logged into Fabric as xyz@contoso.com. all recipients must have the @contoso.com address. You can refer to this document:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/data-activator/data-activator-limitations#allowed-recipient... 

Also according to your screenshot, you don't seem to have sent it to just one person, I'm not sure if you sent it to a Group or a Channel, but at present, Data Activator does not support sending messages to Teams channels. you can only You can only use it to message individual people.

If the above doesn't help you with your problem, here's a reply from a thread I also found that might help:

vjunyantmsft_1-1720748071261.png

Data Activator now supports Microsoft Teams for al... - Microsoft Fabric Community [1883-2717-827-d9...

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I was trying to send the message to a team. This explains the problem.

Kind Regards,

Dennes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Sept Fabric Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - September 2024

Check out the September 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors