Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

refershing data/power query and power bi

Hello guys
Could you please help to understand two things

1 - I can upload my excel file in Power query and  when i change something in my excel file all modifications are seen in my power query/power bi table after refreshing. I'm ok with that. However, i want to know how can i upload once an excel file into Power BI  and then deconnect it from excel. I mean once i uploaded my exce file in power bi every future modification in my source excel file shouldn't go to power bi.

2 - Another question about the same subject. I will describe my situation by two periods. First period - when i upload an excel file i get a power bi table with my data for this period. Second period - i change some data in my source excel file so all changes are seen in my power bi table. I want to be able to conserve my first period data in order to have both : first and second period data. 

Thank you very much for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Anonymous 

then disable only the second option. Sorry my misleading information

image.png

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

for both of your questions... you can load the data from your Excel-file with Power Query into Power BI. Once the data is there, disconnect the query be disable "enable load" or disable also the other option

image.png

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer
However it doesnt make the effect i want. By disabling "enable load" i get a warning that my table will be deleted and all visuals that utilise data from this table will be as well deleted. So in power bi i dont have anymore my table but it is still and obviously in power query. Is is it beacause my power bi desktop is in  French maybe ? 😃

Hello @Anonymous 

then disable only the second option. Sorry my misleading information

image.png

Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. It is working now as i wished

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors