Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

AnnaTolstokulak
Regular Visitor

"cannot convert the value null to type list" and red striped columns

Hi!

I'm trying to convert list with records which was received from json file to the table but I get error "cannot convert the value null to type list". If I use Table.FromList ot Table.FromRecords I see columns but they are red striped which means there is still an error and it will be while reloading data.

I tried to use List.ReplaceMatchingItems, List.RemoveNulls and 'Remove errors" but it didn't help. 

Do you have any idea what could it be?

AnnaTolstokulak_0-1614061879307.pngAnnaTolstokulak_1-1613741897810.pngAnnaTolstokulak_3-1613741951169.pngAnnaTolstokulak_4-1613741998479.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnnaTolstokulak ,

Basically it could be converted into a list, but you can consider share a sample query for finding the detailed problem.

Or you can refer these simliar issues and documents:

1. Error with JSON - Error with Record.List - Cannot convert the value to type List 
  2. Cannot convert value to type table 
  3. [Expression.Error] We cannot convert the value "" to type List 
  4. Automatically expand all fields from a JSON document in Power BI and Power Query 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yingjl ! Thank you a lot for links, I updated this post with screenshot of M code

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @AnnaTolstokulak 

Do share the M code or the pbix. Otherwise it'll be hard to spot wht the problem is

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Hi! Thanks for attention, I added screenshot of M code to the post, @AlB 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors