Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shubhamkolekar1
Frequent Visitor

grouping of multiple columns

I am trying to create a table that looks like this in Power Bi:rac.PNG
The cateogries present in column B are coming from excel sheet and the Jul-22 Actuals, Jul-22 POBD, Aug-22 Actuals, etc are coming from Data Warehouse(Snowflake). For Example, Care Labour(Child) Category in column B consists of a few account numbers which are also present in Direct Care - Labour(Parent) and Direct Care - Income(Grand Parent). Each of these Child,Parent and Grand Parent categories are present in 3 different columns and I want to categories them into a single column where:

If a specific account number is present in all these three columns then categorize them into Grand Parent(Direct Care - Income). 
If a specific account number is present in two columns then categorize them into Parent(Direct Care - Labour).
If a specific account number is present in one of the three columns then categorize them into that specific category.

I tried using the Pivoting feature in Power Bi couldn't get the required results. If anyone can help me with this that would be really appreciated. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors