Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Maffimau
Frequent Visitor

filter "last week" or "last day" refresh data

Hi all, I created 1 report in desktop app with the filter data "today" but the next day when I link on my online report the data are old (day before). I tryed to manually refresh but nothing. I have to execute the PowerBI desktop app, open the report, refresh data manually, save and public the report again every day. After that in my internet report the data are refreshed. Every day I have to do this operation also for the report filter with "last day", "last week", "this week", "last month" and "this month".

My source is SQL with "on-premise gateway"

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
hugoberry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Try to put the Today parameter/slicer in your SQL query with GETDATE(). This way you are guaranteed that when the report refreshes the data it picks up the data for today.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Maffimau,

I am not quite clear about your scenario, if you need to get updated data in reports in Power BI Service, please schedule refresh for your dataset following the instructions in this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-enterprise-manage-sql/. This way, you don’t need to refresh data in Power BI Desktop and re-publish the reports every day.

In addition, if you need to get data of “last day”, “last week” and so on, in Power BI Desktop, you can create calculated columns in the date table and use these columns in slicer to filter your visuals, for more details, please check this similar thread.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors