Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Katiek
Frequent Visitor

Update Dataset 2023 with dataset 2022 and added columns such as Index not updating

Hi

I'm a newbie so there may be a pretty obvious solution, so sorry in advance 🙂

I have set up my Power BI report with 2023 data. Now that I have the report set up I want to add 2022 data. I did this by merging queries in Power Query. So now my 2023 data and 2022 data is merged in the one data table and renamed Data.

However, I noticed the added columns that I used in the 2023 (for example Index) didn't update for the data 2022. For example when I check the dataset,  the 2023 data is indexed and the 2022 data is empty. In Excel you would drag the formula down, how do I do this is in Power Bi? Or do I need to add all the added cloumns into the 2022 data before merging it with the 2023 data?

Thanks in advance for your help!

KatieK

1 REPLY 1
Katiek
Frequent Visitor

Sorry I should mentioned that the added columns are all calculated columns. It is the calculated columns (one example is index) that are not updating with the added dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors