Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Sort filter Distinct on a table

Hi, I have this code to feed a table when toggle = true or False. The toggle name is: LbVisible.

If ( LbVisible.Value = false; 
Sort( Filter( INCO_REQUESTS; Status = "Submitted for Action" And Request_Type <> "NO TARIFF" And IsBlank(Email) ); Submitted_Time; Ascending ); 
Sort( Filter( INCO_REQUESTS; Status = "Submitted for Action" And IsBlank(Email) ); Submitted_Time; Ascending ) 
)

Now i would like to add Distinct value only, cause right now, i have duplicated rows.

How can i do that? 

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

For distinct, use below

Sort(Distinct(Filter( INCO_REQUESTS; Status = "Submitted for Action" And Request_Type <> "NO TARIFF" And IsBlank(Email) )); Submitted_Time; Ascending ); 
Sort( Distinct(Filter( INCO_REQUESTS; Status = "Submitted for Action" And IsBlank(Email) )); Submitted_Time; Ascending ) 
)

For some reason, the minute I add "Distinct", that's when I get an error. If I remove the Distinct portion of the code you gave me, it works perfectly. I will try again and get back to you, but for now, no luck.

I tried again, and when I add the Distinct code piece, I still receive the same errors:

Wilder16261626_0-1649846995041.png

I'm confused as to why this is happening.

Use this

Distinct(Sort( Filter( INCO_REQUESTS; Status = "Submitted for Action" And Request_Type <> "NO TARIFF" And IsBlank(Email) ); Submitted_Time; Ascending );"Result"); 
Distinct(Sort( Filter( INCO_REQUESTS; Status = "Submitted for Action" And IsBlank(Email) ); Submitted_Time; Ascending ) 
;"Result"))

For some reasons, i'm still having all those errors

Wilder16261626_0-1649851035184.png

What if i use First and groupBy to replace the Distinct?

Ex:

First(
    Filter(
        INCO_REQUESTS,
        Status = "Submitted for Action" And Request_Type <> "NO TARIFF" And IsBlank(Email)
    )
)

It gives me the first record only, but if i group by 2 columns value, would that also do it?

Ex: Group by "From" and "To" columns? 

Would i have to put my GroupBy at the beginning?

I think i was able to make it work like this:

GroupBy(
        Filter(
            INCO_REQUESTS,
            Status = "Submitted for Action" And Request_Type <> "NO TARIFF" And IsBlank(Email)
        ),
        "From",
        "To"
    )

, but i will continue to test 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors