Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

LPLATE
Frequent Visitor

Separating Index column with values separated by delimiter

Hi community,

My data is linked to SharePoint and I am trying to create a dimension table with user names and their IDs from a Persons or Group multi-select column. Unfortunately the User Information List I have imported has null values in the name column so I am unable to use it.

As an alternative, I am hoping to use my data which already contains the IDs and the associated user names. Unfortunately as the column in my data is multi-select, some user information is only in rows that are multi-select which is imported into PowerBI separated with delimiters. The Name column has the relevant names in the format Lastname, Firstname with multi-select values separated by delimiter ";" however they are in the correct order when compared to the TechnicalLeadid column. Does anyone know how I might be able to extract data in delimiters but have them in unique rows with the correct name?

Thanks.

LPLATE_0-1698797227980.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LPLATE
Frequent Visitor

Hi all, so update:

I deleted the User Information List and re-added the data from SharePoint and the columns now populate correctly and this workout is no longer needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LPLATE
Frequent Visitor

Hi all, so update:

I deleted the User Information List and re-added the data from SharePoint and the columns now populate correctly and this workout is no longer needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors