Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JohnM1985
Regular Visitor

Reconciliation using a date/time range

Hi,

I am attempting to perform a reconciliation using two systems.  Previously I have merged two tables with a Left Anti join kind, which results successfully in displaying only entries which do not exist in the second table.  

In this new attempt, an email is received, which generates a support ticket in another system and I am reconciling the two to ensure all emails have generated tickets.  I have a problem with finding a unique field to complete the join, which has left me using a string consisting of a date/time column concatenated to the senders name. 

My problem is, there is a delay in the ticket generation, so the date/time's don't match exactly, is there a way to create a range, say +5minutes, to enable the items to match?

If needed I'll try and do it with DAX but if I can do it within PQ would be preffered.  In an example

Email received:

21/02/2022 14:53:12 test@examplemail.com

would need to somehow match with the ticket created:

21/02/2022 14:55:34 test@examplemail.com

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JohnM1985
Regular Visitor

Sorry^ just to confirm.  It's not the "add five minutes" formula I'm looking for, it's the way to be able to merge those two tables in the same way.

The time increase can vary, it's not constant for each email/ticket

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors