Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

oitp
Helper I
Helper I

Real time connection to MySQL database

Hi, is it possible to get real time data from a MySQL database? I would like an update of my reports/dashboards with fresh data at least every 5 min and all options I can see is for me to set this manually, which would be a handful.

I could probably get along with refreshing every 5 min during working hours (8 am - 5 pm).

I use Power BI Pro and I have an gateway installed on one of my local servers with access to the MySQL database.

Any help would be much appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@oitp,

You can create streaming dataset in Power BI Service and use Rest API to push data from MySQL database to streaming dataset. This way, you can get real time data from MySQL database . For more details, please check iAm3G's reply in the following similar thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Real-time-connection-to-MySQL-database/td-p/206136

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
artVKP
Frequent Visitor

I have a MySQL database where I want to create the real time report just like time series charts. Can anybody helps me with the steps. 

Thanks.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@oitp,

You can create streaming dataset in Power BI Service and use Rest API to push data from MySQL database to streaming dataset. This way, you can get real time data from MySQL database . For more details, please check iAm3G's reply in the following similar thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Real-time-connection-to-MySQL-database/td-p/206136

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msftthank you. After reading this I still have a hard time grasping the steps to push my data from MySQL through Rest API. Do I use my gateway or is it all done from the web?

If you have any other tips I am all ears!

@oitp,

Gateway is not required. You can push data from MySQL to streaming dataset  using PHP and cURL following  iAm3G's suggestion.

Regards,
Lydia

OK. I ended up using a different way to display my data which was more suitable. But thanks for the tips 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please help me with the same? I am facing the same issue

please can you show me your steps .. i'm facing the same problem
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors