Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kris_BI

Power Query

Hi,

i would like to add a custom column in Power Query.

The if function is supposed to to check to different columns, the first regarding "not assigned" the second regarding not blank. The generating the output. However, there is the error message occuring "Expression.Error: The name 'BLANK' wasn't recognized. Make sure it's spelled correctly"

Appreciate your support!

if[#"Notification.Notification Level 01.Status Decision Made (Name)"]="Not assigned" and [Notification End Dat.Notification End Dat Level 01]<>BLANK() then "DLF" else "no error"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PoojaDarbhe
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Kris_BI 

Instead of Blank() try to put ""(Quotes)

if[#"Notification.Notification Level 01.Status Decision Made (Name)"]="Not assigned" and [Notification End Dat.Notification End Dat Level 01]<>"" then "DLF" else "no error"

Hope this should solve your problem.

Best regards,

Pooja Darbhe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PoojaDarbhe
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Kris_BI 

Instead of Blank() try to put ""(Quotes)

if[#"Notification.Notification Level 01.Status Decision Made (Name)"]="Not assigned" and [Notification End Dat.Notification End Dat Level 01]<>"" then "DLF" else "no error"

Hope this should solve your problem.

Best regards,

Pooja Darbhe

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors