Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Barculez
Regular Visitor

Power Bi - Columns

Hi, I'd like to ask your advice.

Although I have seen similar questions here, I haven't found the right answer for me anywhere.

In PowerBi, I would need to create a column directly in Power Query so that I can transport this data to rows. This column would contain values from another table - these tables have 2 identical columns (Year and Week number), according to these I would need to assign values from the other table to the original one.

I will be glad for any answer or screenshots.

Thank you very much
Barbora

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m_dekorte
Super User
Super User

Hi @Barculez 

Without a better understanding of what you are actually dealing with, this sounds like a Merge operation.

Go to the primary table, select Merge on the ribbon

A dialog box will appear, select the secondary table

Set keys by holding down CTRL if you need to select more than one column in each table. In that case also make sure to select the key columns in both tables in the same order. You can validate that by comparing the index number that's added besides its nam - as in the image below.

Finally set the join type, left outer sound right and press OK

m_dekorte_0-1685620471100.png

Ps. If this helps solve your query please mark this post as Solution, thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
m_dekorte
Super User
Super User

Hi @Barculez 

Without a better understanding of what you are actually dealing with, this sounds like a Merge operation.

Go to the primary table, select Merge on the ribbon

A dialog box will appear, select the secondary table

Set keys by holding down CTRL if you need to select more than one column in each table. In that case also make sure to select the key columns in both tables in the same order. You can validate that by comparing the index number that's added besides its nam - as in the image below.

Finally set the join type, left outer sound right and press OK

m_dekorte_0-1685620471100.png

Ps. If this helps solve your query please mark this post as Solution, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors