Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AC3630

Power BI / Power Query times out waiting for Web Page to load

I have a PBIX file which accesses only web pages to extract commodities, FX and interest rate data.  It was working perfectly from January 2023 up until the most recent update.  However, now it times out and nothing is updated.  If I change the time period under the advanced option (e.g. to 15 minutes), it has no effect.  Previously I was able to access over 25 individual web pages with no problem.  Now the maximum is 3 after which the message "We timed out waiting for the web page to load" appears after around 5 minutes.  I can update each table individually but if I choose Refresh for all the Query tables, then the problem occurs.  Is this a bug that needs to be fixed?  I noticed another user had a similar problem.  

4 REPLIES 4
kalone

I now have the same issue with a report that I've been updating monthly for 2+ years. Problem just started two weeks ago. I tried all the above steps but none work. I do not have the "Web page connector infrastructure update" preview option with version 2.120.963.0 64-bit (August 2023). Has anyone found another fix?

I've had the same web time-out issue for weeks and I think I finally found a fix for it.

If you go into Power BI desktop > settings > Global > Data Load, there is an option to set your "Maximum memory used per simultaneous evaluation (MB)". Maxing this value out (to 1829 MB) fixed my web query time-out issue.

Update: this did not work.

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AC3630 ,

I understand that you're experiencing issues with Power BI and Power Query after a recent update. It's possible that the issue is related to the update, but without more information, it's hard to say for sure. Here are a few suggestions to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Please try turn off "Web page connector infrastructure update" and refresh again.

vcgaomsft_0-1685326396816.png

2. Clear cache: Clear the Power Query cache.

3. If possible, try connecting to a different network to see if the issue persists. Sometimes, network-related issues can cause timeouts. 

4. Try use Web.BrowserContents.

Troubleshooting the Power Query Web connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

5. Make sure you have the latest version of Power BI Desktop installed. Sometimes, issues are resolved in subsequent updates.

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors