Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shuhn1229
Helper III
Helper III

Passing a Parameter to mQuery Variable

Hi I have a query that retrieves data from an API in POST that looks like the below:

let
    Source = let
    Source = let
    Source = let
    Source = let
 url = "https://url.com",
    body = "{""id"": ""0001"", ""variables"":  {""variable"":  ""001""}               }",
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(url,[
        Headers = [#"Authorization"="Basic XX", #"Content-Type"="application/json"],
        Content = Text.ToBinary(body)
    ]))
in
    Source

I am trying to replace the ""0001"" text in variable field using a parameter, lets call it "Var1". I've tried replacing ""001"" with "= Var1" and "Var1", but I am getting errors. Could anyone assist? The idea is to have the user supply the parameter so that they can get their report.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shuhn1229 ,

Please try to replace the text that you want to replace with a parameter. For example, if you want to replace the text "0001" with a parameter called "myparam", you can use the following syntax:

```

"body": "{""id"": ""@myparam""}"

```

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shuhn1229 ,

Please try to replace the text that you want to replace with a parameter. For example, if you want to replace the text "0001" with a parameter called "myparam", you can use the following syntax:

```

"body": "{""id"": ""@myparam""}"

```

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors