Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

crobson29
Frequent Visitor

Need Power Query to ignore all quotes

I have a regular export from SAP that is in .txt format that I need to pull into Power BI.  A new file gets emailed everyday, and a Power Automate flow converts it from HTML to .txt, and puts it in a sharepoint with all the previous files.  The conversion is working perfectly, I have ruled that out as the issue, but there is a problem where one entry is getting combined with several others.  Basically, Power Query ignores the pipe delimiters on the same entry everyday.  Here is a screenshot of the cell that I am talking about: 

crobson29_0-1697723747366.png

All of that is in the same cell, despite the delimiters.  I have discovered that there is a single quotation mark at the beginning of this in the file:

crobson29_1-1697723805327.png

I am wondering how I can get Power Query to ignore quotes entirely, and split based on pipes all the time.

1 REPLY 1
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @crobson29 ,
Replace single quotation mark with blank and then apply delimiter.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors