Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Merge value with blank results and adjust it

hey guys, 

have a little topic to see if possible, 

Im doing a merge in power query by date from one table to another to get a exchange ratio for a group of invoice, but the exchange ratio have some empty dates (missing completly from the table) example: 

DateRatio
1/1/2023  56
3/1/2023  57

so basically I want or to be able to make a query that complete the missing date sequence with the value of the latest avaible date by month or the merge target to get the last avaible date before the invoice posting date. 

any idea or show of solutions will be greatly welcome. 

regards. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

2 REPLIES 2
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

Seems like if you sort it ascending then you can just use Table.FillDown.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

this a good idea I even try it but the problem its that maybe the invoice doesnt goes according in dates and the the ratio could have change in the blanks between the invoice vs the rates register. like I oculd have a ratio one month and another no but have a invoice each 2 or 3 month so the ratio that takes its the one 3 month before instead of the month before for the actual date of the invoice. so it would be kind of filling down on the ratio table, but cant find how to add the missing dates for them use a fill down on the ratio table query. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors