Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sedos101
Helper I
Helper I

Maximum

Hi Everyone

I have the following dilemma and would like to know how to add a new column using Power Query to get the desired result

Basically I have a table with the first two columns however I need another column to populate the maximum payload recorded for a cycle number as can be seen below:

Can someone please help me on how to write this in Power Query?

Thank you

Cycle Number PayloadNew Column For Max Payload
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luis98
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Sedos101!

I would do the next:

First duplicate the table and group the new table by Cycle number with Max Payload, the formula would be something like this:

#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"Cycle Number"}, {{"Count", each List.Max([Payload]), type nullable number}})

Then merge the first table with the new table by cycle number, and you would get this:

Luis98_0-1665223942836.png

I hope this solve your question!😀

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Luis98
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Sedos101!

I would do the next:

First duplicate the table and group the new table by Cycle number with Max Payload, the formula would be something like this:

#"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"Cycle Number"}, {{"Count", each List.Max([Payload]), type nullable number}})

Then merge the first table with the new table by cycle number, and you would get this:

Luis98_0-1665223942836.png

I hope this solve your question!😀

Legend @Luis98  thanks so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors