Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

X3svfdB1HOjKYc0
Regular Visitor

LOOKUPVALUE - "A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected"

I have a lookup that has multiple values and gives the standard error message. Instead of getting an error, is it possible to get a comma delimeted list of the multiple values in a single field?

Instead of a workaround, it would be really cool to have a function LOOKUPVALUES for this.

4 REPLIES 4
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @X3svfdB1HOjKYc0 ,

Did you want to split columns in power query? You can split a column through different methods and get single value you want.

Or try to use List.Contains function in power query to match value.

Reference: Solved: HELP: Matching a value in one column to a value fr... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

You can use CONACATENATEX combined with FILTER like below

=CONCATENATEX(FILTER(Table1,Table1[Name]=Table2[Name]),Table1[Item],", ")

Here, I am applying filter on Table1, Name column with Table2, Name field. Then I am concatenating resultant Table1, item column with comma separator.

Awesomely brilliant. I always look for these clever one liners, there is so much unecessarily complicated DAX out there.

I was taught in the 80s that good code should be aiming for Haiku, not an epic poem 🙂 and it should always make you smile. This made me smile.

Thank you 🙏

wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

you can try CONCATENATEX+CALCULATETABLE

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors