Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Integrating Power BI Dashboard an by passing the login credentials

Hi,

I have one internal site, and we have many dashboard implemented in various BI technologies (Qlikview, Power BI, Tableau).

we wanted to place all dashboard Icons in internal site and users can click on the icons which will lead to the opening the dashboard.

I have one Power BI dashboard as well and wanted to take the dashboard URL and make hyperlink to Icon in internal site, but when I do this its asking me again login credentials which I don't want, I want by pass the logic credentials.

What is best approach way.

Thanks,
Thimma

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Provided data in your reort is not sensitive and you have permission you can use Publish to Web feature of report which will give you hyperlink to your report without any authentication and you can use that via internal site. Only catch is anyone with that hyperlink can see your report without any autheticatin so you have to be sure that data is not private.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree Ankit, but Publish to Web future won't have updated data right?

Thanks,
Thimma

Hi @Anonymous,

As stated in this blog, with the Publish to web feature, data can be refreshed up to once an hour depending on Power BI licensing. You can schedule and automate the updates according to this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-refresh-data/ .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors