Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tjordaske85
Frequent Visitor

How to remove old revisions

Hi,

I'm having this table:

Tjordaske85_0-1669129562978.png

As you can see a document with a certain name (column 'Naam') is several times in the table and has sometimes several revisions (column 'Revisie).

I want to keep only ALL rows with the latest revisions (which is sometimes 0, but can also be a 1, 2, 3, ...).

So all the rows in the green frames needs to remain, all other rows needs to be hided or deleted.

Any ideas or suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tjordaske85 ,

According to your description, here's my solution.

1.Add a custom column.

Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type",(x)=>x[Map]=[Map] and x[Naam]=[Naam])[Revisie]{0}

2.Add a step in Advanced editor.

#"Filter"=Table.SelectRows(#"Added Custom",each [Revisie]=[Custom])

Result:

vkalyjmsft_0-1669778876579.png

Here's the whole M syntax:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("7ZKxCsIwEIZf5chcYi50cpU6OtiKQulw2qsEai8kseLbW30FQVE63D/8w/fBz9W1ymHn0igc3HCOrcToOCyhOFTFdrPINeocShpcIhdUpkqDBNEL94k67rVvu6m1qslm0idJ+Nck81VStTaWwKA2Vj8ToUxEQwunXiInuEwn/ijX20sXOHIYxQVId8+wXyG+Mcgs/2359HDNAw==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Map = _t, Naam = _t, Revisie = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Map", type text}, {"Naam", type text}, {"Revisie", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type",(x)=>x[Map]=[Map] and x[Naam]=[Naam])[Revisie]{0}),
    #"Filter"=Table.SelectRows(#"Added Custom",each [Revisie]=[Custom]),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(Filter,{"Custom"})
in
    #"Removed Columns"

I attach my sample below for your reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tjordaske85 ,

According to your description, here's my solution.

1.Add a custom column.

Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type",(x)=>x[Map]=[Map] and x[Naam]=[Naam])[Revisie]{0}

2.Add a step in Advanced editor.

#"Filter"=Table.SelectRows(#"Added Custom",each [Revisie]=[Custom])

Result:

vkalyjmsft_0-1669778876579.png

Here's the whole M syntax:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("7ZKxCsIwEIZf5chcYi50cpU6OtiKQulw2qsEai8kseLbW30FQVE63D/8w/fBz9W1ymHn0igc3HCOrcToOCyhOFTFdrPINeocShpcIhdUpkqDBNEL94k67rVvu6m1qslm0idJ+Nck81VStTaWwKA2Vj8ToUxEQwunXiInuEwn/ijX20sXOHIYxQVId8+wXyG+Mcgs/2359HDNAw==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Map = _t, Naam = _t, Revisie = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Map", type text}, {"Naam", type text}, {"Revisie", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type",(x)=>x[Map]=[Map] and x[Naam]=[Naam])[Revisie]{0}),
    #"Filter"=Table.SelectRows(#"Added Custom",each [Revisie]=[Custom]),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(Filter,{"Custom"})
in
    #"Removed Columns"

I attach my sample below for your reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tjordaske85 ,
you should sort your table by "Revisie" in descending order and buffer that step:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Bug-warning-for-Table-Sort-and-removing-duplicates-i...

Then check the first 2 columns and remove duplicates.
That will keep only the latest from them.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors